So I quite honestly lost track of HOW many people asked me where I got my jacket from or where I got my "sequin shoulder thingys" from at the Future Heretics and Fremont shows on Thursday and as promised, here is the tutorial.
It's so very easy it's really a non tutorial but at least I'm giving you the idea and where to purchase right?
So first up you will need:
- Two matching sequin appliques
- Pins with a flat surface.
- Strong glue & toothpicks (I prefer E600 & the toothpicks allow easier application)
(sources provided at the bottom of this post)
Step One: Using your toothpick apply the glue to the flat side of your pin. Spread smoothly and evenly and place in position on the back side of your applique. You ideally want one one each side of your applique (left & right) so that it sits nicely over your shoulder.
Step Two: Repeat for each applique. Leave to dry.
Step Three: Attach to t-shirt/sweater/jacket and rock out.
- Glue & Brooch Pins – Michaels & other good craft stores.
- Sequin Epaulets – Marybelles Consignment Shop on Ebay
By Kelsi Smith