Edited by Debutante
As fashion weeks start winding down, some are looking forward to the next trend in fashion. This week, I was thrilled to see so many bloggers focusing on the past -the history of fashion. An obvious passion of mine, vintage fashion has never been so influential. fête à fête reviews a gorgeous collection of vintage inspired jewelry. Fabulous Finds narrates a 1950s styled romp through Palm Springs. Oranges and Apples shares inspiring vintage Life magazine images. In politics, if you don’t learn from history, you’re destined to repeat it. In fashion, if you don’t learn from history, you won’t know you are repeating it!
Links à la Mode : March 4th
- Bobbins and Bombshells – Fashionable History: Mary Quant
- Confessions of a Fashion Editor – Couture Cakes
- Dedicated Follower of Fashion – Spring/Summer Trends 2010 – The Tourist
- Dozen Dresses – DIY Skirt – The tutorial!
- dramatis personae – B&Lu 0 Gift Certificate Giveaway!
- Fabulous Finds Gal – Come With Me On A Sunny And Dreamy Retro Holiday In Palm Springs With The Photographer Bersa
- Fashion Pulse Daily – Marchesa Fall/Winter 2010
- Fasshonaburu – Who’s Who of Fashion Week
- fête à fête – Larkspur & Hawk’s vintage inspired jewelry
- Glossary – Please meet Paula and her pretty Pink Bow!
- hello beauty! – Bobbi Brown Spring 2010: Cabana Corals and Makeup Face Lift Collections (with video)
- JewelryWhore – Interview With Corvus Noir!
- Oranges and Apples – : Vintage fashion photo inspiration from the Life magazine archives
- Out Of Order – Bonnie & Clyde
- Prom Mafia – Betsey Johnson does DC
- Retro Chick – Estethica – Ethical Design Spotlight – Tara Starlet
- Stop Getting Low-balled As A Blogger | Independent Fashion Bloggers
- Superstylin – Total Fashion Dork Status
- The Fashion Planner – YouTube Beauty Gurus
- True Queen – One Dress That Will Take You From Work To Play in 3 Different Ways
- Tweed & tea – My name is Jacqui, and I am a perfume addict..
- ventures of jenn. – ode to the maxi
- White Rabbit – The Man Behind the Lens