A few weeks ago I was invited to attend a very intimate affair at the Beverly Hills Peninsula Hotel, the Neiman Marcus Fall Trends Preview. We gathered for breakfast as Ken Downing, through an excessively camp and amusing video talked us through the trends for the fall season.
The trends are as follows (in the wonderful words of Ken Downing – if anyone has ever seen the "Chloe Sevigny" YouTube series, well, he comes close..ha!):
• Bordeaux: From rosé to claret. Drink in all the beautiful shades.
• Lady Chic: The look is deliberate and polished, yet very present day.
* Colorblocking: A graphic display of hues makes news (in the words of my dear friend Kelly – "rhyming is the new black")
• Fur: Subtle trims and statement toppers, the look says luxury (I say keep it faux please kiddos)
• Leather: Cool as just a touch – utterly hip head-to-toe.
• Shimmer: Take a shine to sequins, lurex and and lamé
• The Fall Face: Wine is the trend of everyone's lips.
• Pumps: Rise above in the ultimate lady chic shoe.
• Handheld Bags: It's all in the way you carry it.
• Bold Gold: A fashion investment you can bank on.
To see these trends in action, Caran Sealey of Neiman Marcus, presented these gorge models wearing the fall collections available at Neiman Marcus – lots of oo-ing and ah-ing ensued. Ah to have an endless budget and to lose about 40lbs….
There's something so 90's and therefore very nostalgic about this look – I swear I wore something very similar about 10 years ago to school. I love the pants, which if memory serves me correctly, are Escada.
I'm currently in the desert and therefore dreaming of the cool weather to wear such looks…which won't be till what..January?