You may have noticed I've been "glowing" a little more recently in my Pavement Princess posts. No, I haven't suddenly acquired bucketfulls of spare time to be lounging in the sunshine, what I acquired, was a little bottle of magic.
It's no secret that I've been a bit of a sun worshipper in the past, growing up in the UK, sunshine was limited to summer and vacations abroad – and whilst I'm not one for laying still on th beach (my ADD doesn't really allow for that kind of relaxation) – one of the key aspirations of British summer time (at least for me and my friends) would be to get as bronzed as possible. Fortunately I'm lucky in as far as I tan easily and rarely burn. I'd always compete with friends to see who got the darkest (and I had many Indian friends…) I always claimed that, should I live in a country with tons of sunshine, I would get so bronzed, there would practically be a race change.
In reality, since moving to California, I realised that it's not really the same as being on vacation there isn't a lot of time for frolicking in the sunshine and often it's just too damn hot, and lets face it, it's not exactly the healthiest thing in the world. So, I've turned to finding my sunshine in a bottle, and I've tried a few (this article here discusses some of my favourites) but my favourite, by far, through all of this experimentation, is Fake Bake.
I was first introduced to Fake Bake through the GRAMMY Style Studio where I met Tamara (an actual Princess kids…) who is the brand ambassador for Fake Bake. Having been brought up in the UK also, we bonded over many things, but specifically, this amazing fake tan which I first tried in spray formula (salon style) and have been using at home regularly (courtesy of Fake Bake) in it's "Do it Yourself" formula (which is effectively the same thing – just different application)
Here's what makes it amazing:
• It goes on very easily. Spray it onto the included mitt and rub onto your body – using the guide colour – for flawless tanning!
• It smells really good – no nasty fake tan smell.
• The colour is extremely natural (not even a hint of yesteryears orange tanners!) – it's also build-able for darker tans!
• It dries fast and is transfer resistant – so no wandering around your home stark naked for hours or lying spread eagled (unless you really want to of course…)
• It's free of artificial preservatives and parabens!
• It doesn't block my pores like many tanners have done.
Instead of keeping all the bronzed goodness to myself, in continuation of my summer giveaway theme…I have a set of Fake Bake to give away!
The set includes:
• Fake Bake Flawless + Mitt (worth $24)
• Fake Bake Gelee Wash – a body cleanser that helps maintain your tan! (worth $10.99)
Lets make this an easy one – all you have to do is sign up to my newsletter here to eligible to win! Simple!
If you can't wait to win – you can purchase the amazing Fake Bake here.
Good luck and happy (safe) bronzing!)