By Sarah Corley
Fashionable Inspirations from my Life to Yours:
Wow, it has been a busy last several weeks! My life this summer has been quite eventful with my job duties, some traveling to see friends, and spending time with family. It seems like I am rarely home anymore, so "debriefing" to myself about all the things that have been inspiring me was very refreshing.
1. The DuPree Sisters (from Eisley) – Chauntelle, Sherri, and Stacy DuPree are a few of the stylish, talented souls of Eisley, which is a band that has been in my faves for years. Obviously, I love their music, but I also admire their fashion choices and the fact that they always seem to be one-step-ahead of the trends, being especially involved in bringing skinny jeans back and popularizing vintage/retro clothing. Their younger sister Christie (pictured above as well) is often included in fun, editorial-like photo shoots that the girls put together when bored. Sounds like fun to me!
2. Low Messy Buns – Back in high school, high ponytails with the messy look were all the rage (at least around here). Lately, I have been noticing a softer, more elegant version of that idea but sitting lower on the head. For example, throughout last season of Project Runway, designer Anna Lynett constantly twisted her hair into a side bun (it usually looked more carefree than the one pictured above). Many girls on the street seem to be doing an even "messier" version of this side bun. I love the look!
3. Dark-Rimmed Glasses – I already wear some rectangular, darked-rimmed glasses for reading, but I am tempted to get some fake ones for "regular" places. It could definitely give me a smarter, more professional look during my day job.
4. Dramatic Eyeliner – Ever since I bought Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner, I cannot resist playing up my eyes in an even more dramatic way than usual. With each day, it feels like my eyeliner is being drawn out and up even further. I wonder where I will stop? I seem to be getting more daring…
5. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days – This movie is a long-time favorite of mine. Whether I am quoting it or watching it, Kate Hudson and Matt McConaughey's comical remarks put a smile on my face. My sister recently watched it for the first time, and now she loves it just as much, which means we quote it quite often.
6. No More Doubt by Stephen Speaks – Even though the whole album is shown, I am primarily drawn to the track "Out Of My League" (LISTEN HERE!) which was THE love song during my freshman year at college. Just hearing the lyrics "It's frightening to be swimming in this strange sea, but I'd rather be here than on land…" sends chills up my spine.
What has been inspiring you?